I was born and raised in Hong Kong but fell in love with Vancouver after being an exchange student at SFU in 2010. I came back and finished my masters in biblical languages at Regent College in 2014. During my study, I came to realize the importance of Christian friendships. I decided to do the Campus Missionary Apprenticeship with UCM at SFU and be friends with university students. Ever since I started in Jan 2015, I have enjoyed walking alongside them in their spiritual journey. I feel called to speak truths into their lives. When I get a day off, I enjoy going to the movies with friends or to an art gallery on my own. I also love baking yummy goodies to satisfy my sweet-tooth!
Originally hailing from Manitoba, I travelled to Edmonton in 2013 to complete my Bachelor of Arts in Theology from Vanguard College, with a major in Intercultural Studies. It was here where I developed a passion for the world, also catching a glimpse of God’s heart for His people. During my degree I was given the amazing opportunity to intern at a university in China, and upon graduation I received yet another incredible opportunity to pastor at a church in the city of Winnipeg, working with youth and young adults. In 2018 the Lord opened the door for me to come on staff with UCM at SFU, getting to come alongside an amazing team focused on seeing the next generation encounter the love of God. When not working, I love spending time with friends and family, going on road trips, playing board games, or simply chatting over a hot cup of coffee.
I have spent most of my life living in a hamlet just outside of Edmonton, Alberta but have visited the lower mainland almost every summer since I was a kid. I bounced around for a while after high school, attending the University of Alberta and doing two schools around the world with Youth With a Mission. It was during these years that Jesus captured my heart and I eventually graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Theology from Vanguard College in 2020. Majoring in pastoral ministry and minoring in counselling and psychology stirred in me a desire to not only pastor and mentor young adults, but also to empower the Church to be missional in sharing Jesus with the world. Serving as a Student Care Pastor at Vanguard for 2 years grew in me a passion to walk alongside young adults in one of the most formative and challenging seasons of their lives, leading them closer to Jesus, inspiring mental health, and empowering them to be all that God intended them to be. When I have free time, I love playing music, exploring the outdoors, having deep chats with friends, or just watching a good movie with my hubby.
Interested in apprenticeship?
Did you really enjoy your time as a student with UCM? Or maybe you have never been involved with UCM as a student, but you love Jesus and students? Consider becoming a Campus Missionary Apprentice! The apprenticeship is a 13 month program in which you will be challenged to grow spiritually, intellectually and practically. We would love to walk alongside you in this journey to discern God’s calling.
Major: Business Administration (Human Resource & MIS) Hobbies: anything active (frisbee, hiking, bouldering etc..)
Favorite Bible Verses: Joshua 1:9
Major: Interactive Arts & Technology Hobbies: astronomy, stargazing, ice skating.
Favorite Bible Verses: Proverbs 3: 5-6
Major: Resource and Environmental Management Hobbies: outdoor exploration, fishing and sustainable fashion.
Favorite Bible Verses: Psalms 73: 26
Hobbies: spikeball, soccer, percussion
Favorite Bible Verses: Psalm 46:10
Hobbies: cooking, hiking, swimming
Favorite Bible Verses: Luke 12: 22-23
Major: Health Sciences
Hobbies: playing music, swimming in the ocean, trying new sports, exploring different places in the area.
Favorite Bible Verses: 2 Corinthians 12:9
Hobbies: playing music, baking, reading, going on walks in downtown.
Favorite Bible Verses: 1 Corinthians 13: 13
Major: Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Hobbies: baking, piano, violin, soccer, hiking.
Favorite Bible Verses: Romans 8: 28
Hobbies: watching dramas, eating good food
Favorite Bible Verses: Psalm 119: 105
Major: Biological Sciences
Hobbies: hanging out with people, keeping up and watching F1, and homework haha
Favourite Bible Verses: Nehemiah 6:3
Major: Economics, Business Minor
Favourite Bible Verses: Numbers 6:24-26
Major: Joint major in Criminology and Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies, minor in Psychology
Hobbies: adventure, reading, cooking, activism, spending time with family/ friends.
Favorite Bible Verses:
Major: Computing science
Hobbies: Reading, talking, writing, yoyo
Favourite Bible Verses: Isaiah 6:5
Major: Business Administration (Finance)
Hobbies: adventure, reading, cooking, activism, spending time with family/ friends
Favorite Bible Verses: Matthew 17: 20 & Romans 12: 12
Major: Biology, Dialogue Minor
Hobbies: dancing, watching movies, walking my dog.
Favorite Bible Verses: Psalm 16
Hobbies: reading, thrifting, cooking
Favorite Bible Verses: Philippians 4: 6-7
Something COVID taught me: Many things, but one of the things that have really stood out to me is that God is still working in our lives. It can be really easy to think that God is distant during this time when we are not physically around others, but it’s important to remember that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and that is never going to change.
Major: Health Sciences (life sciences)
Hobbies: playing piano, singing, cooking, building IKEA furniture, reading.
Favourite Bible Verses: Isaiah 26:3, Habbakuk 2:3, Psalm 43:5
VALUES & BELIEFS
MISSION AND VALUES
Making, maturing, and mobilizing Christ followers who will do the same with their peers. We endeavour to create an on campus community where students can meaningfully encounter God.
Transforming university students, the marketplace and world through Christ. We envision every post-secondary student having opportunity to be reconciled and maturing in Christ.
1. On campus hospitable community: We value community marked by a genuine welcome, invitation and inclusion.
2. Experiencing holistic worship: We value worship as a whole mind, body and soul expression to God in both word and deed.
3. Culture of students leading students: We value being a community who reproduces disciples of Jesus in all nations.
- We believe the Bible is God’s message to us. So we seek to understand and obey its truth.
- We believe there is one God who is three persons.
So we yearn to know Him in all of His complexity and beauty.
- We believe Jesus is fully God and fully human-born of a virgin. So we rejoice that Christ can be a bridge between us and God.
- We believe people, throughout history, have sinned against God. So we are deeply aware that we too are marked by willful disobedience.
- We believe God extends forgiveness to us through Christ. So we repent and rejoice in our forgiveness.
- We believe God offers freedom from sin’s grasp. So we live lives that are pleasing to God.
- We believe followers of Jesus must be empowered by the Holy Spirit. So we expect supernatural power in our daily lives.
- We believe in the Church. So we live in this community of faith, inviting others to join us.
- We believe God gives leaders as gifts to His Church. So we serve those whom the Lord entrusts to us.
- We believe God commands his followers to be water baptized and celebrate communion. So we practice these symbolic actions, reflecting on their significance.
- We believe Jesus will return to claim His Church. So we live in expectancy of His coming.
- We believe Christ will one day be seen clearly as King on earth. So we live as citizens of His Kingdom now.
- We believe God is the ultimate Judge. So we live knowing that our choices will echo through eternity.
- We believe in Christ’s resurrection. So we live with hope regardless of our circumstances.
Sources: UCM: what we believe